Paul Janssens – CV
Born on 21 August 1943 in Schilde (Province of Antwerp)
- Licentiate in Germanic philology (German-English-Dutch) Catholic University of Leuven.
- Licentiate in politics and social sciences: international relations; C.U. Leuven
- Diploma in higher secondary education (teacher’s diploma) , C.U. Leuven
1967-1968 : University of Madrid, Spanish language and culture (official State scholarship)
1974 – Scholarship for a Seminar on World Affairs for 6 weeks at the Salisbury Institute of International Affairs, Connecticut USA, sponsored by the University of Wisconsin, USA
Both Licentiate treatises were published:
- Germanic Philology: “Volkskunde in tijdschriften van de geestelijkheid ” [‘Folklore in the journals of the clergy’] (published in full)
- Politics and Social Sciences: The theoretical introduction was published in Neerlandia,Amsterdam 1975, under the title “Cultuur en Integratie” [‘Culture and Integration’] and deals with the aspect of culture in international relations.
until 1988, career in higher secondary and university education, the most important appointments being:
- Propaedeutic center of Lovanium University in Bukavu (Congo):
Professor of English
- 1970 – Belgian Air Force: Professor of Aviation English (for the F14 Star Flights)
- Bedford College, University of London (from 1973 to 1976):
Lecturer (visiting lecturer)
Course: comparative grammar – Dutch historical grammar
- Faculties of Notre Dame de la Paix in Namur:
Dutch in candidacy rights
- VUB (Free University of Brussels), 2009:
Postgraduate legal and administrative translating in a Belgian context (see certificate appended). His assignment was to give theoretical courses and tutorials on the encyclopaedia of law, administrative law, corporate law, mercantile law and civil law.
Since 1988: Certified Translator for French – Dutch – German – English – Spanish at the Court of First Instance in Brussels
First as a natural person and then as manager/managing director of the Translation Agency Paul Janssens Ltd/Plc. respectively since 2002. Specialist in legal translations.